Requesting a Proclamation or Memorial
Due to the high demand, Proclamations from the Mayor's office must be requested with 14 days advance notice and can only be issued for the following:
- A milestone anniversary for a church, pastor or organization (25 years or more)
- A special cause, such as proclaiming a month or a day to honor a recognized effort
- A special visitor to our area such as an Ambassador or a public figure
- Milestone birthdays (90 years or more) and milestone wedding anniversaries (50 years or more)
- Community Award programs seeking individual proclamations and requests for proclamations for yearly community events must be requested with at least 30 days notice.
Requests for a Memorial for display at a funeral home, church or wake are typically only granted for former City employees or local public figures.
Except in situations where the Mayor has agreed to personally present a Proclamation or a Memorial, you must make arrangements for pick-up.
Please include the following in your request:
- Type of milestone event
- Event information or biographical information for person being honored/recognized
- Date proclamation is needed for
- If a memorial is requested, the date of the service or funeral
- Best method of contact
It is also helpful if you place "Proclamation request" or "Memorial request" in the subject line of your Email.
If you are not able to send a request through email, please call 419.245.1001 and ask for Lashawna Weeks, Executor of Proclamations. If you are asked to leave a message, please provide as much information as possible so that we can determine if your request can be honored.