Department of Neighborhoods to Report Accomplishments; Encourages Public Comments
The City of Toledo’s Department of Neighborhoods is seeking comments on its Draft Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER). Citizens are invited to attend a public hearing and learn more about how the City utilized federal dollars for the benefit of low- and moderate-income residents during the Program Year 2015 (ending on June 30, 2016). A summary of the Draft CAPER will be presented at the following hearing:
Wednesday, September 7, 2016
5:30 pm – 6:30 pm
City Council Chambers, One Government Center
640 Jackson St., Toledo, OH 43604
Comments on the CAPER are welcome at the public hearing and in writing through September 14, 2016 by submittal to: Consolidated Annual Reports, Bonita Bonds, Director, Department of Neighborhoods, One Government Center, Suite 1800, Toledo, Ohio 43604 or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2015 Draft CAPER is available for public review at:
- One Government Center (Toledo, OH 43604 - corner of Jackson and Erie Streets):
- Department of Neighborhoods (18th Floor)
- Office of the Mayor (22nd Floor)
- Clerk of Council (21st Floor)
The CAPER presentation will provide an assessment of the federally funded programs monitored by the COT’s Department of Neighborhoods:
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) for community, economic and housing development;
- HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME) for housing development;
- Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) for the elimination of homelessness; and
- Neighborhood Stabilization Programs (NSP) for housing development.
The Department of Neighborhoods continues to work closely with the Toledo Lucas County Homelessness Board to assist in the goal of eliminating and reducing homelessness and with the Fair Housing Center to affirmatively further fair housing in Toledo. At the public hearing, more information will be provided related to the progress achieved in these areas.
For more information or reasonable accommodations, please contact the Department of Neighborhoods in advance (Milva Wagner 419-245-1644 or email at: email@example.com .)
Posted by Stacy Weber on Thursday, September 01, 2016.