Compassionate Greater Toledo Photo Contest
Winners of the 2015 Photo Contest!
Compassionate Greater Toledo Photo Contest Rules:
- The Greater Toledo Compassionate Community photo contest is for the purpose of promoting the Greater Toledo as a Compassionate Community. The mission is to showcase how diverse and compassionate Greater Toledo is in just one photo. While many contests are individually focused, this contest is focused on the collective greatness of our community through positive and peaceful happenings that occur on a daily basis.
- Participants may submit one photograph [or drawing K-8] taken in the Greater Toledo (northwest Ohio or southeast Michigan) for the Compassionate Greater Toledo Photo Contest. Individuals submitting a photo of, or for, a child under the age of 18 must be the parent or legal guardian of the child, or must obtain the parent or guardians’ permission and signature. Individuals submitting an entry must be a resident, work in or go to school in the Greater Toledo area (northwest Ohio or southeast Michigan).
- This contest is not open to advertising or promotional agencies and their respective immediate family members and household members. "Household members" are people who share the same residence at least 3 months a year. "Immediate family members" means parents, step parents, children, step children, siblings, step siblings or spouses. Not open to Board of Community Relations staff, board members, family members, and or household members.
- Enter by emailing your photo [or drawing K-8] and a completed entry form to: firstname.lastname@example.org or online here. All entries must be received by close of business day, 5 pm EDT on Tuesday, March 31, 2015.
- By emailing a photograph [or drawing K-8] to the City of Toledo Board of Community Relations you give them and the MultiFaith Council permission to use the photo and promote the Greater Toledo as a Compassionate Community.
- Winners and participants agree to hold the sponsor, the City of Toledo, any affiliates, sponsors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents, harmless against any and all claims and liability.
- The contest sponsor is the City of Toledo Board of Community Relations (BCR), 1 Government Center, Suite 2130, Toledo, OH 43604. The MultiFaith Council of NW Ohio is a co-sponsor.
- Entries must include a complete entry form with signature and only one (1) photo (or drawing for students grades K-8) depicting Greater Toledo as a Compassionate Community. Entries containing low resolution, blurry, or of poor quality (such as some camera-phone photos), or a photo which is inappropriate in any way, may be rejected at sponsor's sole discretion. The sponsor has the right in its sole discretion to reject any entry which is incomplete or does not appear to comply with all the contest rules. Electronic files containing the photo submitted will not be returned. Students in grades K-8 may submit a drawing depicting human compassion that will be judged separately from photographic entries, and will be judged based on K-3 and 4-8 grade categories.
- Additional Official Entry forms are available at 1 Government Center, Suite 2130 through March 31, 2015, during normal working hours.
- All eligible entries received will be published on the City of Toledo Board of Community Relations Website page, City of Toledo Facebook, Flicker, Twitter, and Instagram.
- The City of Toledo Board of Community Relations will not publish the submitting photographer’s address, or other identifying information, other than first and last name on the entry, and a name of school a student photographer attends.
- By submitting a photo/drawing with a completed entry form, you certify that you are the original photographer, or that you have permission from the original photographer, to grant the rights described in the following paragraph.
- Except as specifically provided herein, by entering the contest, you hereby grant to sponsor, its licensees, distributors, agents, representatives, and other authorized users a perpetual, nonexclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable, and transferrable (in whole or part) worldwide license under all copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, privacy and publicity rights and other intellectual property rights you own or control to use, reproduce, transmit, display, exhibit, distribute, index, comment on, modify, create derivative works based upon, perform and otherwise exploit your entry (including without limitations of the photograph) in whole or in part, in all media formats and channels now known or here after devised for any and all purposes including entertainment, news, advertising, promotional, marketing, publicity, trade, or commercial purposes, all without further notice to you, with or without attribution, and without the requirement of a permission from or payment to you or to any other person or entity. Nothing herein any way obligates sponsor to use any materials submitted, except for the winning photos and or those deemed necessary by the City of Toledo Board of Community Relations.
- Sponsor has the right to reject any entry in its discretion which is incomplete or does not appear to comply with all contest rules.
- From the beginning of the entry period, March 1 through March 31, 2015, photo entries will be accepted on the City of Toledo Board of Community Relations Website.
- From April 1, 2015 through April 17, 2015, Toledo Museum of Art staff will review and select a finalist in each category, to provide to the sponsor. The Sponsor's decision is final.
- Prizes: no cash prizes will be given. Winners in each category will receive a prize basket. Photographs may be shown online and throughout the community as part of the promotion of Greater Toledo as a Compassionate Community.