DEPARTMENT OF DEVELOPMENT
Calvin Lawshe, Director
One Government Center, Suite 2250
Toledo, Ohio 43604
The Department of Economic & Business Development implements programs and provides services to create employment opportunities through retention and growth of existing businesses and the attraction of new businesses. Business incentives are available and depend on the type of business. Contact the Department for specifics.
Toledo's strategic location provides the benefits of speed and cost-effective access to many vital North American markets. With a relatively low cost of capital and affordable operating costs, it makes business sense to consider Toledo.
KEY STRATEGIC LOGISTICAL INFORMATION
- City of Toledo is within an 8-hour drive of over 60% of the North American population.
- Downtown Toledo is within minutes of Toledo Express Airport, which enhances shipping services around the world.
- Toledo's Seaport offers low-cost shipping options for large freight and bulk commodities.
- Toledo serves as a hub and main artery for several large railroad-based intermodal systems (Norfolk & Southern and CSX).
- I-80 (Ohio Turnpike), which runs from the East Coast to the West Coast and intersects with I-75 in Toledo, offering a continuous transportation channel to all points of the United States.
- Situated along the Southwestern Shore of Lake Erie and the other Great Lakes, which provide 1/6th of the world's freshwater supply.
From a logistical standpoint, these attributes are enormously important to our local businesses. Simply put, Toledo's strategic location provides the benefits of speed and cost-effective access to many vital North American markets. When you consider the relatively low cost of capital and affordable operating costs in Northwest Ohio, it makes perfect sense to consider our region for an expansion or relocation project.
NORTHWEST OHIO ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT PARTNERS
The City of Toledo's Department of Development works cooperatively with many organizations operating within the Northwest Ohio Region. The following are valuable partners:
- Toledo Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Regional Growth Partnership|JobsOhio
- Lucas County Economic Development Corporation
- Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority
- Calvin Lawshe, Director - 419-245-1600
- Bill Burkett, Commissioner - 419-245-1692
- Steven Powell, Manager of Development – 419-245-1044
- Brandon Sehlhorst, Manager of Real Estate - 419-245-1068
- Fax: 419-245-1462