Updated Oct. 28, 2019
Requests for edits or additions to the City’s website must be sent to the web manager via email or web form at least 1 business day before the change is to be published. Requests should include the URL of the page to be edited (or created), the department or individual requesting the change, and any new copy, documents or graphics to be included. Approval of the request is subject to review by the communications director, department director, the mayor and/or the chief of staff.
It is each individual department’s responsibility to ensure the accuracy of the information made available online. Requests for changes made to departmental content not coming from within that department will be vetted through proper channels before publishing. Documents posted on the City of Toledo website are not official documents and are made available as a convenience, therefore do not serve as an official copy for records retention purposes. Please ensure official documents are stored according to your specific records retention schedule.
Content, links, and events that come from external organizations or individuals are included on the City website when:
- The City is a partner with the organization/event
- The City is a sponsor of the organization/event
- The content/event is aligned with City of Toledo strategic goals
- The event is hosted on City-owned property
Content, links, and events that come from external organizations or individuals are not included on the City website when:
- An individual/organization profits from inclusion on the City’s website
- The content/link/event is in support of a political candidate or party