The goal of the City of Toledo’s Internship Program is to provide students with an opportunity to gain practical experience in the public sector. In addition, the student will be able to apply the knowledge and skills developed in the academic year while interacting with influential community leaders and serving the residents of Toledo.
To be considered for the internship program, the student must meet the following requirements:
- Enrolled as a full-time student in an accredited two- or four-year college or university program.
- 2.0 cumulative GPA or higher.
- International student must have the proper work or student authorization visa. They should meet with their Office of International Students at their college or university prior to applying.
The internship program is structured around a standard college semester. The following criteria will be utilized to guide the internship program at the City of Toledo:
- Opportunities for up to twelve weeks in the summer to a maximum of 40 hours/week, or whichever is mutually agreed upon.
- Twelve weeks in the fall to up to 20 hours/week or whichever is mutually agreed upon.
- Summer or Fall interns have the option to extend into the next semester for a total of 20 hours/week for each period.
For additional information, please reach out to the Internship Program Coordinator: