Emergency Microenterprise Recovery Grant
A microenterprise is defined as a small-scale business with five or fewer employees, including the owner(s). Eligible applicants meet all of the following criteria:
- For-profit businesses located in the City of Toledo
- Has an active registration with the City of Toledo, Division of Taxation
- Applicant is 51%+ majority owner of the business
- Applicant is 18 years or older
- Business has been in operation since January 1, 2020.
- Business has five or fewer full-time employees or their equivalent as of February 15, 2020.
- Applicant and business are in good standing with governmental entities.
- Applicant meets one U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) eligibility requirement:
- Owns a business located in a low-to-moderate income census tract in Toledo; OR
- Business owner’s household income does not exceed 80% of HUD area median income.
Business Owner Income Eligibility
|Household Size||Max Annual Income||Max Monthly Income|
Low-to-Moderate Income Census Tracts
About the Program
The City of Toledo has established the Emergency Microenterprise Recovery Grant (“EMRG”) to aid in the economic recovery of microenterprises negatively impacted by the COVID-19 Emergency. Microenterprises, the smallest businesses in our city, contribute to the vitality of our neighborhoods, support families, create jobs and are essential to the economic health of Toledo.
EMRG is a grant program designed to assist for-profit microenterprises to maintain or restart operations and retain jobs by providing up to $5,000 for eligible operating expenses incurred between March 1, 2020 and June 30, 2020. Applicants will submit documentation for eligible operating expenses as defined below.
The EMRG program is funded with Federal Community Development Block Grant (“CDBG”) disaster relief funds. Therefore, grant funds are subject to federal requirements as incorporated throughout this document. EMRG is a one-time program that will terminate once grant funds are disbursed.
Eligible Operating Expenses
Business operating expenses eligible for grant reimbursement are defined below:
- Purchases to restock inventory for resale
- Supplies needed to conduct business safely according to state and federal COVID emergency guidelines, including personal protective equipment.
- Professional cleaning services or cleaning supplies
- Commercial mortgage payment, unless delinquent prior to March 1, 2020
- Rent, except rent paid to an entity in which the applicant is an owner
Eligible Expense Documentation
EMRG will grant businesses up to $5,000 for eligible operating expenses incurred by the business between March 1, 2020 and June 30, 2020. Applicants shall submit, via the Zoom Grant portal, receipts or invoices for eligible expenses.
Applications will be processed in the order they are received and grants will be awarded to eligible applicants who have provided all required documentation, until all remaining funds have been awarded.
Grant funds will be disbursed by ACH direct deposit into a successful applicant’s business bank account. Grant recipients are required to complete an informational survey both prior to and after funding.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.