First 2021 Engage Toledo Drop Off Refuse and Recycling Event This Saturday
The first Engage Toledo Drop Off Refuse and Recycling event of the year is 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, April 24 at the Toledo Zoo.
The event is part of the zoo’s “Party for the Planet.”
Toledo Mayor Wade Kapszukiewicz announced earlier this month that there would be 23 free refuse and recycling drop off events throughout the city this year – a significant increase from previous years.
Acceptable items include electronic waste; up to 10 tires, on or off the rim, but no commercial tires; documents; houseware goods; clothing; toys; bulky items, and refuse. Latex paint will be accepted for $1 per gallon. Major appliances will not be accepted.
For the first time, the city will accept televisions and CRT monitors at all drop off refuse and recycling events.
Additionally, the city has partnered with The Ability Center of Greater Toledo for the event this Saturday, as well as May 15 at Rogers High School and June 19 at Scott High School. Durable medical equipment will be collected by The Ability Center on those three dates. A list of accepted items can be found at this link. The items will be sanitized by Ability Center staff and given to individuals with disabilities.
The times for each event this year vary, which is new compared to previous years. There will be visibly marked lanes for traffic flow, as well as volunteers in identifiable clothing who will help direct participants to appropriate locations. Residents should follow all signs and directions. For questions, call Engage Toledo at 419-936-2020 or visit the Engage Toledo website at toledo.oh.gov/engage-toledo.
The remaining refuse and recycling events this year will be held as follows:
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., May 1 at Riverside Elementary, 500 Chicago St.
- 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., May 8 at Robinson Elementary, 1075 Horace St.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., May 15 at Rogers High School, 222 McTigue Dr.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., May 22 at Point Place Plaza, 5109 Suder Ave.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., June 5 at Waite High School, 301 Morrison Dr.
- 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., June 12 at Frederick Douglass Center, 1001 Indiana Ave.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., June 19 at Scott High School, 2400 Collingwood Blvd.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., June 26 at Start High School, 2010 Tremainsville Rd.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., July 10 at Keyser Elementary, 3900 Hill Ave.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., July 17 at Whitmer High School, 5601 Clegg Dr.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., July 24 at Manhattan Plaza, 553 East Manhattan Blvd.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., July 31 at Friendship Park, 2930 131 St.
- 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Aug. 7 at DeVeaux School, 2620 West Sylvania Ave.
- 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Aug. 14 at Woodward High School, 701 East Central Ave.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Aug. 21 at Longfellow Elementary, 1955 West Laskey Rd.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Aug. 28 at Bowsher High School, 2200 Arlington Ave.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Sept. 11 at Good Shepherd Church, 3934 West Laskey Rd.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Sept. 18 at Burroughs Elementary, 2420 South Ave.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Sept. 25 at Detwiler Park, 4001 North Summit St.
- 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Oct. 2 at Martin Luther King, Jr. Academy for Boys, 1300 Forest Ave.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Oct. 9 at Cedar Creek Church South Toledo Campus, 2150 South Byrne Rd.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Oct. 16 at Oakdale Elementary, 1620 East Broadway