Next Engage Toledo Drop Off Refuse and Recycling Event and Human Relations Commission Neighborhood Cleanup
The next Engage Toledo Drop Off Refuse and Recycling event will be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., June 19 at Scott High School.
The city has partnered with The Ability Center of Greater Toledo for the event Saturday. Durable medical equipment will be collected by The Ability Center. A list of accepted items can be found at this link. The items will be sanitized by Ability Center staff and given to individuals with disabilities.
Acceptable items for the Engage Toledo Drop Off Refuse and Recycling event include electronic waste; televisions and CRT monitors; up to 10 tires, on or off the rim, but no commercial tires; documents; houseware goods; clothing; toys; bulky items, and refuse. Latex paint will be accepted for $1 per gallon. Major appliances will not be accepted.
Additionally, the Toledo Human Relations Commission’s Community and Neighborhoods Committee and the Zepf Center are hosting a Juneteenth community cleanup in conjunction with the refuse and recycling event. The community cleanup will begin at 9 a.m., also at Scott High School, 2400 Collingwood Blvd., and move into the neighborhoods around the school. Bags and gloves will be provided by Keep Toledo/Lucas County Beautiful.
- The remaining refuse and recycling events this year will be:
9 a.m. to 1 p.m., June 26 at Start High School, 2010 Tremainsville Rd.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., July 10 at Keyser Elementary, 3900 Hill Ave.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., July 17 at Whitmer High School, 5601 Clegg Dr.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., July 24 at Manhattan Plaza, 553 East Manhattan Blvd.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., July 31 at Friendship Park, 2930 131 St.
- 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Aug. 7 at DeVeaux School, 2620 West Sylvania Ave.
- 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Aug. 14 at Woodward High School, 701 East Central Ave.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Aug. 21 at Longfellow Elementary, 1955 West Laskey Rd.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Aug. 28 at Bowsher High School, 2200 Arlington Ave.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Sept. 11 at Good Shepherd Church, 3934 West Laskey Rd.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Sept. 18 at Burroughs Elementary, 2420 South Ave.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Sept. 25 at Detwiler Park, 4001 North Summit St.
- 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Oct. 2 at Martin Luther King, Jr. Academy for Boys, 1300 Forest Ave.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Oct. 9 at Cedar Creek Church South Toledo Campus, 2150 South Byrne Rd.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Oct. 16 at Oakdale Elementary, 1620 East Broadway