City of Toledo Announces 2017 Leaf Collection Schedule
Toledo, Ohio. Oct. 27, 2017 – Today, Mayor Paula Hicks-Hudson invited the media to help inform the community about Toledo’s 2017 Leaf Collection program which begins on Monday, October 30. The Division of Streets, Bridges & Harbor demonstrated equipment used for leaf collection, and review for the public where to place raked leaves, depending on whether streets are curbed or uncurbed. Other tips will be given on how to best manage leaf collection issues.
Because the initial schedule will be modified due to weather and other factors, “Leaf Briefs” will be provided to the media each Friday. Updates on the collection process will also be posted for citizens to track here: 2017 Leaf Collection
Citizens are encouraged to plan their lawn cleanups in advance of the time their zip code is scheduled for pickup and by signing up to receive specific leaf collection text alert messages. Residents may watch, as always, for Leaf Collection signs to be posted in their neighborhoods, remembering not to park on the street when signs are up.
IMPORTANT REMINDERS FOR CITIZENS:
1. Watch for signs posted in their neighborhoods the weekend before their collections begin
2. Conform to the collection schedule to enable the City to provide this service as efficiently as possible
3. Rake correctly based on whether streets have curbs or not
4. Track Leaf Collection progress on the City of Toledo website (with updates to the attached schedule as available)
5. Sign up to receive text alerts to provide advance leaf pickup notification