City of Toledo Announces Public Hearings and Comment Period for Annual Action Plan
The City of Toledo’s Department of Neighborhoods is seeking comments on its Draft July 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017 One-Year Action Plan to be submitted to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The One-Year Action Plan is based on the HUD-approved Five-Year 2015-2020 Consolidated Plan submitted by the City of Toledo for housing, community, and economic development.
The One-Year Action Plan includes a description of the federal funds anticipated to be received and other resources expected to be available within the City of Toledo during the 2016-2017 program year. The Action Plan provides a description of the activities to be undertaken when using these resources and the expected accomplishments of those activities. Activities will be specific to the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG), HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME), and the Neighborhood Stabilization Programs (NSP).
The Draft One-Year Action Plan is available for review beginning March 18, 2016 at the following locations:
- One Government Center (Toledo, OH 43604 - corner of Jackson and Erie Streets):
- Department of Neighborhoods (18th Floor)
- Office of the Mayor (22nd Floor)
- Clerk of Council (21st Floor)
- The Fair Housing Center (432 N. Superior Street Toledo, Ohio 43604)
- Lucas Metropolitan Housing Authority (435 Nebraska Avenue, Toledo, Ohio 43604
- Toledo Lucas County Homelessness Board (1946 N. 13th Street, Suite 437, Toledo, Ohio 43604)
- Toledo-Lucas County Public Library (325 Michigan St., Toledo, OH 43604)
(available at the Main Branch and by request to all other branches)
- Lucas County Board of Developmental Disabilities (1154 Larc Lane, Toledo, OH 43614)
- Department of Neighborhoods website: /neighborhoods
Public hearings on the Draft One-Year Action Plan are scheduled for Monday, March 21, 2016 and Monday, March 28, 2016, from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. at the Toledo-Lucas County Public Library – Main Branch (McMaster Center, 325 Michigan Street, Toledo, OH 43604)
The City of Toledo will also receive comments from the public in writing until April 18, 2016 at the following address: City of Toledo, Department of Neighborhoods, One Government Center, Suite 1800, Toledo, OH 43604, ATTN: One Year Action Plan.
For reasonable accommodations or additional information, please contact Milva Valenzuela Wagner, Administrative Analyst IV, Department of Neighborhoods at (419) 245-1400.
Posted by Stacy Weber on Monday, March 14, 2016.