Department of Neighborhood and Business Development to Report Accomplishments; Encourages Public Comments
The city of Toledo’s Department of Neighborhood and Business Development is seeking comments on its DRAFT Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER). All are invited to attend a public hearing and learn more about how the city used federal dollars for the benefit of low- and moderate-income residents during the Program Year 2017, which ended on June 30, 2018. A summary of the DRAFT CAPER will be presented during the following hearing:
Thursday, Aug. 30, 2018
5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
One Government Center, City Council Chambers
640 Jackson St., Toledo, Ohio 43604
Comments on the DRAFT CAPER are welcome during the public hearing. The city of Toledo will accept written comments from the public through Thursday, Sept. 13, 2018. Send written comments to: Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report, Amy Sackman Odum, Director, Department of Neighborhood and Business Development, One Government Center, Suite 1800, Toledo, Ohio 43604 or by email to email@example.com.
The 2017 DRAFT CAPER is available for public review at:
1. One Government Center
Department of Neighborhood and Business Development (18th Floor)
Office of the Mayor (22nd Floor)
Clerk of Council (21st Floor)
2. The Fair Housing Center, 432 N. Superior Street Toledo, Ohio 43604
3. Lucas Metropolitan Housing Authority, 435 Nebraska Avenue, Toledo, Ohio 43604
4. Toledo Lucas County Homelessness Board, 1946 N. 13th Street, Suite 437, Toledo, Ohio 43604
5. Toledo-Lucas County Public Library, 325 Michigan St., Toledo, Ohio 43604 (available at the Main Branch and by request to all other branches)
6. Lucas County Board of Developmental Disabilities, 1154 Larc Lane, Toledo, Ohio 43614
7. Department of Neighborhood and Business Development website: http://toledo.oh.gov/services/neighborhoods/fiscal-monitoring/reports-information/
The 2017 DRAFT CAPER presentation will provide an assessment of the federally-funded programs monitored by the city’s Department of Neighborhood and Business Development:
• Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) for community, economic, and housing development
• HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME) for housing development
• Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) for the elimination of homelessness
• Neighborhood Stabilization Programs (NSP) for housing development
• Lead Hazard Control and Healthy Homes Grant
The Department of Neighborhood and Business Development continues to work closely with the Toledo Lucas County Homelessness Board toward the goal of eliminating and reducing homelessness and with The Fair Housing Center to affirmatively further fair housing in Toledo. More information will be provided related to the progress achieved in these areas during the public hearing.
For more information or reasonable accommodations, please contact Monica Brown at 419-245-1617 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.