Processional Route for Mayor, D. Michael Collins
On Thursday at 10 AM we will be having a processional for Mayor, D. Michael Collins and would encourage anyone to post signs and safely stand along the route. As a mayor that worked so hard for this community, we are offering the residents an opportunity to say goodbye and pay their respects.
Coyle Funeral Home and Cremation Services
1770 South Reynolds Road, Toledo, OH 43614
Head south on S Reynolds Rd toward Southwyck Blvd
Turn left onto Heatherdowns Blvd
Slight right onto Schneider Rd
Turn left onto S Detroit Ave
Turn right onto Glendale Ave
Slight left onto Anthony Wayne Trail
Turn right onto Glendale Ave
Head east on Glendale Ave toward Princeton Dr
At the traffic circle, take the 2nd exit onto Broadway St
Head north toward Broadway St
Follow Broadway St, S Summit St and Jackson St to Franklin Ave
past Toledo Police Patrolmans' Association
Head north on Franklin Ave toward E Woodruff Ave
Turn left onto W Bancroft St
Turn right onto Ashland Ave
Slight right onto Collingwood Blvd
Our Lady, Queen of the Most Holy Rosary Cathedral will be on the left
Important Stops Along the Route:
- Southwyck / Clarion – Mayor’s vision for developing Southwyck
- Police Credit Union
- Car Wash – instrumental
- Heatherdowns Country Club – The Mayor lived on the golf course, was a member, and a great golfer.
- Kroger / Gas Station on Detroit & Glendale – The Mayor worked hard with Kroger and the owners to get the gas station built
- Fire Station # 21
- Anthony Wayne Trail and Glendale – The mayor faced challenges of last year with a major water main break
- Wixey’s Bakery – One of the Mayor’s favorite places to stop for baked items before going into the office.
- Walbridge Park and the Toledo Zoo – He’s been very supportive of both
- Broadway to Old South End – Where he was born and raised, he went to school at St. James
- We will also be passing the second major water main break of 2014.
- Passing Orchard St. – where he was raised
- FLOC Headquarters – Mayor was instrumental in putting training together for the police class
- Passing Future Home of ProMedica
- Downtown past One Gov. Center, Safety Building and Police Memorial
- TPPA Hall on Franklin – No matter which direction the mayor heading, he made it a point to always drive past the TPPA Hall.
- Fire Station # 7
- Passing several Union Halls on Ashland – Mayor was a major supporter of Unions
- Ladder truck Arch – pass underneath by Scott High School – The Mayor was a supporter of education and TPS.
- Rosary Cathedral - hearse and cars will be parked along Collingwood.
- After services the Mayor will be traveling Central Ave to Monroe St. through Sylvania, OH to the cemetery.
Will be parking at UAW Hall (2300 Ashland Ave.) and shuttle services will be provided by TARTA.
Posted by Stacy Weber on Monday, February 09, 2015.