The Emergency Mortgage Assistance Program (EMAP) will assist approximately 150 eligible households with up to six consecutive months of mortgage payments, including forbearance, past due balances, late fees, and penalties. Grants will be awarded via a lottery.
Have questions or want to make an appointment for help? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 419-245-1435.
Need more help?View All Events
Only one application per property is eligible. The application must meet the following guidelines.
- The applicant must own a 1-4 unit residential property in Toledo.
- The property owner must occupy at least one unit as his or her primary residence.
- The owner must have a first-lien or primary mortgage with a forbearance or past due balance due to COVID-19.
- The mortgage must have been current as of Feb. 29, 2020.
- The property must not be listed for sale.
- The household of the applicant must demonstrate a loss of income due to COVID-19.
- The household of the applicants must have a maximum household income at or below 80 percent AMI.
Eligible Household Maximum Income
Income maximums are set at 80% of HUD area median income.
|Household Size||Max Annual Income||Max Monthly Income|
Proof of identification for applicant and other household members 18+
- Valid and current driver’s license or state identification
Proof that co-applicant resides at the property, as applicable
- Co-applicant is listed on mortgage statement
- Valid and current driver’s license or state identification with address of the property
- Co-applicant unemployment determination letter with address of the property
- Co-applicant current paystub with address of the property
- Current utility bill in the co-applicants name with the address of the property
Proof of qualifying COVID-19 impact
- Unemployment determination letter or history log, showing federal pandemic unemployment was received
- Dated layoff or furlough notice stating layoff/furlough (e.g. dated letter from employer) and paystub listing the name of the business and applicant/co-applicant on it immediately prior to layoff/furlough
- Dated termination of job notice (e.g. dated letter from employer) and paystub listing the name of the business and applicant/co-applicant name on it immediately prior to termination
- Dated notice from employer of reduction in workforce by business stating reduction (e.g. dated letter from employer) and paystub listing the name of the business and applicant/co-applicant name on it immediately prior to reduction of workforce
- Proof of reduction in straight time hours (reduction in overtime is not allowable). (e.g. dated notice from employer of reduction or one pay stub from pre-COVID and one pay stub from COVID-19 Impact)
- Dated documentation that employer office/place of business has closed (e.g. dated notice to employees, business website shows closure or newspaper article) and a paystub listing the name of the business and applicant/co-applicant name on it immediately prior to closure
- Self-employed: must show loss of income for the business and self. This can be done with two consecutive bank statements pre-COVID and two consecutive bank statements during COVID impact from all business accounts and all personal accounts.
- If third-party documentation is not available, self-certification of qualifying COVID-19 impact form must be completed and notarized.
- March 2020 and most recent mortgage statement in the name of the applicant with contact information for the mortgage company/lender.