The Toledo Lucas County Emergency Rental Assistance Program (TLCERAP) will assist eligible households with up to 12 months of assistance, including current and future rent, past due rent, late fees, new renter fees, security deposits, utility deposits, and utility payments. Grants will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
Applications must be submitted online. The landlord or tenant may initiate the application for assistance. There is no cost to apply.
The portal will be open for landlords only May 13 - May 27, 2021. Landlords and tenants may apply beginning May 28.
June is Homeownership Month
Does your family home need a little TLC? Are you ready to become a first-time homeowner? Get support to make your dream a home a reality.
Only one application per unit is eligible. Applicants must be the named landlord or tenant on the lease. Multifamily units, duplexes, and single-family residential units rented, owned and operated by an individual or corporate landlord are eligible.
- Rents an eligible residential unit in the City of Toledo or Lucas County, Ohio.
- The resident must have a valid and current lease signed by both landlord and tenant or other documentation supporting the existence of a rental relationship.
- Qualifies for unemployment or has experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs, or experienced a financial hardship due to COVID-19.
- Demonstrates a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability.
- Fall below the maximum household income requirement.
Eligible Household Maximum Income
Income maximums are set at 80% of HUD area median income. These income limits will change on June 1, 2021.
|Household Size||Max Annual Income||Max Monthly Income|
An applicant's landlord also must complete certain requirements in order to be eligible:
- Submission of a valid W-9 for TLCERAP rental assistance payment to property owner
- Rent roll or confirmation of rental arrears
- Confirmation that property is located in the City of Toledo or Lucas County, Ohio
- Agreement not to evict tenant for the period of TLCERAP assistance.
- Reading, execution and submittal of full TLCERAP Terms and Conditions.
Applicants will be considered ineligible for TLCERAP program if the applicant:
- is above the income maximum.
- lives outside of Lucas County.
- occupies a property owned by relatives.