The Toledo Lucas County Emergency Rental Assistance Program (TLCERAP) will assist eligible households with up to 15 months of assistance, including current and future rent, past due rent, late fees, new renter fees, security deposits, utility deposits, and utility payments. Grants are awarded based on priorities established U.S. Department of Treasury.
Upcoming Assistance EventsView All Events
Only one application per unit is eligible. Applicants must be the named landlord or tenant on the lease. Multifamily units, duplexes, and single-family residential units rented, owned and operated by an individual or corporate landlord are eligible.
- Rents an eligible residential unit in the City of Toledo or Lucas County, Ohio.
- The resident must have a valid and current lease signed by both landlord and tenant or other documentation supporting the existence of a rental relationship.
- Qualifies for unemployment or has experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs, or experienced a financial hardship due to or during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Demonstrates a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability.
- Fall below the maximum household income requirement.
Eligible Household Maximum Income
Income maximums are set at 80% of HUD area median income. These income limits were updated on June 1, 2021.
|Household Size||Max Annual Income||Max Monthly Income|
An applicant's landlord also must complete certain requirements in order to be eligible:
- Submission of a valid W-9 for TLCERAP rental assistance payment to property owner
- Rent roll or confirmation of rental arrears
- Confirmation that property is located in the City of Toledo or Lucas County, Ohio
- Agreement not to evict tenant for the period of TLCERAP assistance.
- Reading, execution and submittal of full TLCERAP Terms and Conditions.
Applicants will be considered ineligible for TLCERAP program if the applicant:
- is above the income maximum.
- lives outside of Lucas County.
- occupies a property owned by relatives.
Keeping residents in their homes
Keiondra Young Shares her Story
Hear from Toledo resident Keiondra Young as she shares her experience applying for the Rental Assistance Program.