Home at Last
Down payment assistance for eligible first-time home buyers. Close in 21 days.
City Inspection Checklist
First-time home buyers whose income falls below the threshold are eligible for up to $7,500 to use toward the purchase of a home and up to $9,500 in target neighborhoods.
- The buyer must not have purchased or owned a home during the past three years.
- Existing residential property must be decent, safe, and sanitary.
- Single-family or condominium homes only.
- Homebuyers must make a minimum $500 contribution, which includes payment of a required home inspection.
- Homeownership counseling must be received as the first step in the process from a HUD-approved agency.
- Home At Last application submitted by a participating lender with assistance provided as a grant at closing on the home purchase.
- Visual paint inspection by a licensed lead risk assessor will be provided by the City.
- Property must be located within the City of Toledo corporation limits.
Income maximums are set at 80% of HUD area median income.
||Max Annual Income
||Max Monthly Income
- Complete housing counseling. Make sure you're ready for home ownership.
- Contact a lender. Participating lenders listed below.
- Get pre-approval for a fixed-rate mortgage. Must be from participating lender.
- Complete homeownership counseling. Participating agencies listed below.
- Find a house and get an accepted purchase agreement. Based on your pre-approval.
- Have the property inspected by the City. To schedule inspection or for any other questions, please contact Ebenezer Osei-Kwame at Ebenezer.Osei-Kwame@toledo.oh.gov or at 419-245-1416.
- Complete application. Work with your lender to submit to the City of Toledo.
- Monitor transaction with your lender. Money will be available at the title company once processed.
|Croghan Colonial Bank
|Croghan Colonial Bank
|Equity Resources/Greentree Mortgage
|Farmers & Merchants State Bank||Mary E. Stefko||419-446-2501|
|Grande Financial Inc.||Laurie Bobrick||419-893-5626|
|Guaranteed Rate||Rudy Ondrus||419-360-1928|
|GVC Mortgage, Inc.||John Kirk||765-778-0809|
||John W. Frank
|Maumee Valley Habitat for Humanity
|Ruoff Home Mortgage||Tony Brancatto||419-450-5442|
|State Bank & Trust
||JacQuelon C. Wilson
|Toledo Urban Federal Credit Union
|Union Home Mortgage Corp.
|Sun Federal Credit Union||Dee Glover||419-794-7422|
|Superior Credit Union||Nick Alexander||419-246-5905|
|NeighborWorks Toledo Region
|NID Housing Counseling Agency
|Area Title Agency