The Emergency Rental Assistance Fund (ERAF) will assist approximately 700 eligible households with up to 3 months of rent payments. Grants will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Payments will be made directly to the landlord and may cover rent, past due rent, late fees, new renter fees, security deposits. Non-rental payments, including utility deposits and moving costs, will be made directly to the vendor.
Only one application per unit is eligible. Applicants must be the named tenant on the lease. Multifamily units, duplexes, and single-family residential units are eligible.
- The rental property must be located in the City of Toledo.
- Applicants must have a valid lease for the period for which you are requesting assistance.
- Demonstrate lost income due to COVID-19.
- Fall below the maximum household income requirement.
- Agree to meet monthly with a Financial Opportunity Center coach, and complete all related counseling and assignments.
Eligible Household Maximum Income
Income maximums are set at 80% of HUD area median income.
|Household Size||Max Annual Income||Max Monthly Income|
An applicant's landlord also must complete certain requirements in order to be eligible to receive ERAF payments on behalf of the applicant.
- Property must be registered with the Lucas County Auditor as a Rental Property. One week will be provided to landlord to register the property.
- Be current on Lucas County real estate taxes, or on a payment plan.
- Agree to accept up to 3 months of ERAF payments.
- Provide current federal W-9 information form.
- Agree not to pursue eviction of the beneficiary while receiving ERAF payments.
- Dismiss any pending evictions of the beneficiary.
Applicants will be considered ineligible for ERAF program if the applicant:
- is above the income maximum.
- is a resident of public housing or a unit that benefits from a Section 8 Project Based Voucher.
- is a recipient of other government housing subsidy (i.e., Section 8, Housing Choice Voucher).
- occupies a property owned by relatives.
- owes rent payments from before April 1, 2020.
Applications can be submitted through our partner organizations.
Lutheran Social Services
2149 Collingwood Blvd.
Toledo, Ohio 43620
Mary Ann Diamond