Applications accepted beginning October 1
A new program from the City of Toledo to help eligible low-income, senior, or disabled Toledo residents pay off water bill balances.
Eligible customers must:
- live inside the City of Toledo
- have past due charges of at least $200 (water, sewer, storm water) from prior to October 1, 2021
- tenants are eligible to apply with a signed landlord/tenant agreement form on file before October 1
- stay current on all new charges while enrolled in the program
- meet the federal income guidelines below
|Household Size||Total Household Income (200% of the Federal poverty level)||Total Household Income - Seniors and Disabled Customers (300% of the Federal poverty level)|
On October 1, applicants will be able to prescreen for eligibility by calling the debt forgiveness hotline or creating an account on the online portal. (Coming soon) You will need to answer these 5 screening questions:
- Home owner or tenant?
- How many people live in your household?
- Are you 65 years or older?
- Are you permanently disabled?
- What is your total annual household income?
If you prequalify, Pathway will follow up with you to collect required documentation to verify your eligibility.
The city will complete your enrollment by verifying the total amount eligible for debt forgiveness. You may need to schedule an actual meter read. Eligible charges include:
- water charges prior to Oct. 1
- storm water charges prior to Oct. 1
- sewer charges prior to Oct. 1
Any outstanding balances from after Oct. 1 or from trash charges will be eligible for an installment payment plan, not for debt forgiveness.
- Names/birth dates of all household members
- Current service address; if you are a renter, you'll need a signed landlord/tenant agreement on file before October 1
- Proof of income for all household members 18 years or older for a minimum of the past 30 days