Solid Waste - Landfill Operations Highlights
- THE LANDFILL CONTINUES TO PROVIDE AN ESSENTIAL CITY SERVICE.
- Accepting additional trash from two private trash haulers that brings in additional revenue to the City.
- Continuing to operate the Hoffman Road Landfill in compliance with the Ohio EPA environmental regulations. There were no documented Notice of Violations in 2019 and are none through the first quarter of 2020.
- In an effort to minimize costs, the City of Toledo continues to seek out and accept, if appropriate, inert brick and concrete materials from demolition projects. This material is useful to cost effectively build roads that are used in daily operations in the landfill. Please refer to our inert material specifications.
- Maintain a full staff of operators and support personnel.
- Held four Saturday Free- Disposal Days during 2019 for Toledo residents. Four (4) Free Disposal days are scheduled for 2020 as well.
- A permit modification which optimizes the use of the existing landfill footprint that if approved, will extend the operating life of the landfill, is under review by the Ohio EPA.