SBH is responsible for:
1. Bridge Inspection – To inspect annually bridges over 10 feet in span as required by ODOT to ensure safety for vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
2. Bridge Maintenance – Clean scuppers, expansion joints, bearings, remove unwanted vegetation, apply protective coatings to bridges to extend life and reduce repair costs.
3. Bridge Repair – Perform minor repairs that extend the life of the bridge 2 to 5 years.
4. Bridge Rehabilitation/Replacement – Use a combination of capital improvement program dollars and grant funds to extend the life of bridges 25-75 years.
5. Guardrail Installation and Repair – Install or repair guardrail along roadways near ditches and bridge embankments as determined necessary by federal regulations.
CURRENT CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS
MARENGO BRIDGE OVER RAVINE
Marengo Street Bridge was closed to all vehicular traffic in May of 2016 due to structural failure. Originally constructed in 1915, the bridge is considered to be of historical value to the Wildwood Community. A $1.6 million dollar grant has been secured from the Ohio Department of Transportation for construction. The project is currently in its early design phase. A public meeting was held on April 22, 2019. Information from that meeting is below.
MAUMEE AVENUE OVER NORFOLK SOUTHERN RAILROAD
Originally constructed in 1980, the Maumee St. Bridge over the Norfolk Southern Railroad is a three-span, pre-stressed concrete box beam superstructure built on modified gravity stone piers and abutments. New construction will provide ample space to accommodate a third railroad track, as well as increased vertical clearance for the rail cars. The new bridge will provide a larger turning radius for buses. This bridge was closed to traffic in November of 2018 for a period of one year while it is replaced. Construction is still on schedule.