The City of Toledo is seeking local programming partners who are prepared to advance the health and wellness of youth and young adults in Toledo through high-quality program offerings during the summer of 2023 or the 2023-2024 school year. Programs should provide opportunities to learn, be engaged, be active, and have fun. Those programs incorporating key mentoring goals and objectives will have an advantage.
Run early June through mid-August
School Year Programs
Run mid-August through May 2024
We welcome all quality programs for consideration. It is beneficial for Toledo city parks to be used as a platform for ongoing programming, as appropriate. A list is of facilities is available on the city website. Formal use of all city park indoor or open-air shelters must be coordinated through the department by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program categories include, but are not limited to:
- Camps, outdoor, or nature-based activities
- Sports and fitness
- Dance, music, and theater
- Education surrounding numerous topics
- Entertainment opportunities
- Employment or mentoring programs
Basic Grant Information
|From||City of Toledo Parks and Recreation|
|Estimated Funding Available||$2,000,000 |
(shared between summer and school year programming)
|Min/Max Award Amounts||$1,000 / $50,000|
|Posted Date||Friday, January 13, 2023|
|Closing Date for Applications||Friday, February 10, 2023|
|Funding Decisions Announced||Wednesday, March 22, 2023|
|Funded Partner Orientation (mandatory)||Monday, March 27, 2023 (evening)|
|Final Program Details Required (for marketing purposes)||Monday, April 3, 2023|
Please be aware that not all items in your budget may be eligible for grant funding. All purchased items will require receipts to support expenditures. All awarded funds not supported with receipts must be returned back to the City within 30 days of the end of the scheduled program.
If your program is chosen for funding, you will be required to:
- Register as a vendor with the City of Toledo
- Provide proof of commercial general liability insurance of $1,000,000, with the City of Toledo named as an additional insured.
- If transporting youth as part of the funded program, provide proof of comprehensive automotive liability insurance, with the City of Toledo named as an additional insured. Funding awards under $40,000 will require $500,000 of coverage. Funding awards $40,000 or above will require $1,000,000.
If these requirements will create an increase in the expense of your insurance coverage, this expense can be listed in your budget request.
Please Note: Funding will be available pending the completion of all required documentation from the funded organization.
Need Help Applying?
Watch our instructional video for a step by step guide. The application is online only and closes Friday, February 10, 2023.