Toledo City Council
One Government Center, Suite 2120
Toledo, Ohio 43604
View Toledo City Council Google Site Here (Access to Agendas, Calendar, Legislation both pending and enacted, and the weekly Toledo City Journal).
President of Council - Matt Cherry- Matt.Cherry@toledo.oh.gov
To find out what City Council District you live in, please contact:
- Toledo City Council at 419-245-1050
- The Lucas County Board of Elections at 419-213-4001
or simply enter your address in the map below or by following this link: City Council District Map. If the search result shows the street level view of your address, zoom out, clicking the minus button in the upper left corner of the map approximately 5 times.
COUNCIL MEMBERS BY DISTRICT
- District 1: Tyrone Riley - Tyrone.Riley@toledo.oh.gov
- District 2: Matt Cherry - Matt.Cherry@toledo.oh.gov
- District 3: Peter Ujvagi - Peter.Ujvagi@toledo.oh.gov
- District 4: Yvonne Harper - Yvonne.Harper@toledo.oh.gov
- District 5: Tom Waniewski - Tom.Waniewski@toledo.oh.gov
- District 6: Chris Delaney - Chris.Delaney@toledo.oh.gov
AT-LARGE COUNCIL MEMBERS
- Cecelia Adams - Cecelia.Adams@toledo.oh.gov
- Gary Johnson - Gary.Johnson@Toledo.oh.gov
- Nick Komives - Nick.komives@Toledo.oh.gov
- Rob Ludeman - Rob.Ludeman@toledo.oh.gov
- Sandy Spang - Sandy.Spang@Toledo.oh.gov
- Larry Sykes - Larry.Sykes@toledo.oh.gov
|Clerk of Council
|Asst. Clerk of Council
Toledo City Council is the legislative branch of City Government and operates in accordance with the provisions of the Charter of the City of Toledo, first adopted by the voters in 1914 and amended by the voters from time to time.
Legislative authority in the City is vested in a twelve-member Council. Six members of the Council are elected at-large and six from districts; all for four-year terms.
The Council is authorized to enact ordinances and resolutions relating to City services, tax levies, appropriating and borrowing money, licensing and regulating businesses and trades and other municipal activities. The Council also has authority to fix the compensation of City officers and employees. The Council elects one of its members to serve as the President of Council, its presiding officer.
City Council Meetings are held bi-weekly on Tuesday at 4:00 PM in Council Chambers, One Government Center. On the alternate Tuesdays, City Council holds an Agenda Review meeting to prepare for the upcoming City Council Meeting. Agenda Review is held at 2:00 PM in Council Chambers, One Government Center.
If you cannot find what you are looking for, please contact Toledo City Council at 419-245-1050.