We respond to reports of tree damage concerns to prevent potential harm to residents, homes, and utility infrastructure. To report a concern, please call Engage Toledo at 419-936-2020 or submit online.
About the Process
To get started, report the concern to Engage Toledo. To make a full report, we'll need:
- The address of the tree in question
- Where on the property the tree is located
- Whether the tree poses an immediate threat to residents
- What caused the damage
- The nature of the damage/concern
- Photo of the problem (optional)
Once the request is acknowledged, an inspector will be scheduled to investigate the concern. It may take a few weeks before the investigation is completed. If you provided an email address when reporting the concern, you will receive an email at this step letting you know the request was acknowledged.
After the investigation is completed, the inspector will either:
- determine the tree is on private property, and therefore the responsibility of the property owner. This request is now complete.
- create a work order to address the problem discovered.
If you provided an email address when reporting the concern, you will receive a final email at this step letting you know the outcome of the investigation.
Work order created
If more work is required, it may take many months for the City to complete the request, depending on the severity of the issue and the location and condition of the tree.
Once the work order is created, the service request will appear closed in the Engage Toledo portal. This does not mean that the problem has been resolved. If you would like updates on progress, please call Engage Toledo at 419-936-2020. Creating a second request for the same issue will not make the process go faster, and the duplicate request will be closed if it is already in our system.