Division of Streets, Bridges & Harbor
Jeremy Mikolajczyk, Commissioner
1189 West Central Avenue
Toledo, Ohio 43610
Select an image below to find out more about what we do:
|Leaf Collection||Snow & Ice||Minor Road Repair (potholes, utility cuts)||Alley Maintenance||Heavy Hauling permit|
|Demolition Program||Street Sweeping||Residential Road Patch and Repair Program||Bridge Maintenance||Levee System|
The Division of Streets, Bridges & Harbor endeavors to provide services with a courteous, well-trained workforce in the most cost effective and timely manner. We pledge to enhance the image of Toledo by creating cleaner neighborhoods and safe travel on our roadway system with ever-improving quality and responsiveness. Services provided to the public include street and alley cleaning and repair, pothole repair, pavement restoration of sewer and water repairs, snow & ice control, leaf collection, housing demolition, bridge operation, bridge and levee maintenance and repair, and numerous harbor related operations.
Click here for information on how to obtain a permit for a special event in the harbor.
Click here for information on installation of a dock or other construction near a levee or harbor line.
Divisional Goals, Objectives & Initiatives
- Fully implement our Snow and Ice pre-treatment program by utilizing brine from our new 50,000 gallon facility.
- Complete the construction of the Byrne Road Salt Barn for increased capacity of salt storage for the south Toledo area.
- Continue 5 year Equipment Replacement Plan to upgrade and replace aging equipment.
- Utilize Cityworks to analyze labor distribution for assessment purposes.
- Implement a state of the art time keeping system that will streamline the process.
- Complete construction of Maumee Avenue over NSRR.
- Begin design and construction of Marengo Street over ravine to Delaware Creek.
- Utilize GIS based Cityworks to assist with creating more feasible service programs.
- Continue dilapidated residential structure demolition with the Lucas County Land Bank.
- Inspect 112 bridges each year per National Bridge Inspection and Ohio Department of Transportation requirements.
- Develop a more efficient alley cleaning program with interactive mapping to allow citizens to track progress.