Division of Transportation
110 North Westwood Avenue
Toledo, Ohio 43607
To promote, provide and maintain safe and efficient traffic flow on public roadways under the jurisdiction of the City of Toledo using accepted design practices and appropriate traffic control devices.
SNOW & ICE CONTROL - SEE DIVISION OF STREETS, BRIDGES AND HARBOR
Does your street need plowing? Click here or call 419-936-2508.
|Block Party Petition|
|One Way Alley Petition|
|One Way Street Petition|
|Speed Hump Petition|
|Two Way Street Petition|
|Parking Restriction Petition|
|Right-of-Way Opening Permit 01-18-18.pdf|
If you have a traffic alert to report, please call 419-245-1300.
DIVISIONAL GOALS, OBJECTIVES & INITIATIVES
- Upgrade and implement the traffic signal central control system for 80% of the signals
- Upgrade traffic signal heads and pedestrian countdown signals, thereby improving intersection safety
- Continue the replacement of signs with high-visibility signs to comply with new Federal and State requirements
- Continue the program of installing longlasting pavement markings
- Identify and evaluate high accident locations and generate grant applications to fund improvements
- Fully implement the hydro-stripping/recycling of the aluminum signs program with LOTT Industries
- Work with the Safe Routes to School organization to implement plans for safety improvements around schools
- Traffic Control Planning & Design: Problem Identification, Data Collection, Analysis & Design related to capacity and safety issues on public streets under the jurisdiction of the City of Toledo, including Maintenance of Traffic issues in order to maintain and improve traffic flow and safety.
- Response Maintenance of Traffic Control Devices & Systems: Temporary and/or permanent repairs/replacement of traffic control devices (signs, signals & pavement markings) in order to maintain safe streets. Function includes emergency response activities, including placement of barricades for public safety emergencies.
- Operation & Preventative Maintenance of Traffic Control Devices & Systems: Routine review and monitoring of existing traffic control device and system functions (signs, signals & pavement markings) on a pre-determined schedule to ensure that devices are installed and functioning in accordance with design and standards in order to maintain safe streets and reduce liability exposure.
Included within these functions, but not necessarily obvious, are involvement in the coordination of special events, working with neighborhoods on providing safe closures for block parties and evaluation of streets for the installation of speed humps.
KEY MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE FOR THE DIVISION
- Preventative Maintenance
a. Traffic Signals - Number of intersections
b. Sign Shop - Number of work orders generated; number of signs replaced on a non-emergency basis
- Response Maintenance
a. Traffic Signals - Number of calls
b. Sign Shop – Response time for replacement of high-priority regulatory signs
- Pavement Markings Completed; measure dependent upon type of marking
- Citizen Inquiries – Time to respond
Proposed 2016 budget is 6% higher than approved 2015 budget
Continue the program to replace signage throughout the City with new high-intensity sign material that meets the new Federal standards
Continue the program to replace old pedestrian signal heads with new energy-efficient LED countdown style heads
Utilize the recycled aluminum material hydro-stripped clean by LOTT Industries to manufacture signage