Home at Last
Down payment assistance for eligible first-time home buyers. Close in 21 days.
Who is eligible?
First-time home buyers whose income falls below the threshold are eligible for up to $7,500 to use toward the purchase of a home and up to $9,500 in target neighborhoods.
- The buyer must not have purchased or owned a home during the past three years.
- Existing residential property must be decent, safe, and sanitary.
- Single-family or condominium homes only.
- Homebuyers must make a minimum $500 contribution, which includes payment of a required home inspection.
- Homeownership counseling must be received as the first step in the process from a HUD-approved agency.
- Home At Last application submitted by a participating lender with assistance provided as a grant at closing on the home purchase.
Visual paint inspection by a licensed lead risk assessor will be provided by the City.
What do I do?
- Complete housing counseling.
Make sure you're ready for home ownership.
- Contact a lender.
Participating lenders listed below.
- Get pre-approval for a fixed-rate mortgage.
Must be from participating lender.
- Complete homeownership counseling.
Participating agencies listed below.
- Find a house and get an accepted purchase agreement.
Based on your pre-approval.
- Have the property inspected by the City.
To schedule inspection or for any other questions, please contact Ebenezer Osei-Kwame at Ebenezer.Osei-Kwame@toledo.oh.gov or at 419-245-1416.
- Complete application.
Work with your lender to submit to the City of Toledo.
- Monitor transaction with your lender.
Money will be available at the title company once processed.
|5/3rd Bank||Faye Smith||419-382-4132|
|Citizens Bank||Paul Hembree||419-535-6048|
|Croghan Colonial Bank||Teresa Joseph||419-355-2258|
|Croghan Colonial Bank||Heather Schiets||419-464-3027|
|Equity Resources/Greentree Mortgage||Janelle Marzullo||419-861-9008|
|Huntington Bank||Julia Bryant||419-574-0350|
|Key Bank||Ethel Scott||419-861-6493|
|Maumee Valley Habitat for Humanity||Erin McPartland||419-382-1964|
|Midwest Mortgage||Ryan Pataky||419-842-0505|
|Neighborhood Housing Services||Alma Dortch-Gilbert||419-691-2900|
|Premier Bank||Susan Jester||419-537-9520|
|State Bank & Trust||JacQuelon C. Wilson||419-508-0806|
|Toledo Urban Federal Credit Union||Suzette Cowell||419-255-8876|
|Union Home Mortgage Corp.||Colleen Doyle||567-686-0922|
|NeighborWorks Toledo Region||Alma Dortch-Gilbert||419-691-2900|
|NeighborWorks Toledo Region||Nicole Reno||419-691-2900|
|Northwest Ohio Homeownership Development Agency||Teresa Martinez||419-243-3734|
Participating title companies
|Area Title Agency||Stacie Rains||419-242-5485|
|Louisville Title||Contact Person||419-248-4611|
|Household Size||Max Annual Income||Max Monthly Income|
*Income maximums are set at 80% of HUD area median income.