Division of Taxation and Treasury
Acting Commissioner: John J. Zawisza
One Government Center, Suite 2070
Toledo, Ohio 43604
Taxation Phone: 419.245.1662
Treasury Phone: 419.245.1636
|Attention EPAY Users: The City of Toledo will discontinue using the EPAY (Electronic Payment) sometime in the near future. It will be replaced by a new on-line pay/filing system called TaxConnect. TaxConnect is the new web site that will be available to taxpayers for the City of Toledo. It will allow the taxpayer to create a secure login, review their tax balances for each year and make payments. The web site has a live interface with the Tax Department to refresh the balances and receive returns and payments.
Duties and Responsibilities of Taxation
- Prepare all necessary documents for tax processing including imaging.
- Maintain all income tax records.
- Analyze, reconcile and review all income tax related documents.
- Review, audit, process and post City tax returns and other documents.
- Prepare necessary tax documents for legal action.
- Receive, safeguard and utilize IRS taxpayer information.
- Assist taxpayers in completing City tax returns.
- Investigate and enforce compliance with City tax regulations through appropriate collection activities, including legal action.
Duties and Responsibilities of Treasury
- Receive, process, validate, remit and deposit incoming payments for income taxes and other City revenue.
- Receive and account for electronic remittances of income taxes and other City revenue.
- Manage, invest and safeguard all financial assets of the City.
- Disburse City funds for payroll, accounts payable and tax refunds through the issuance of checks, wire transfers and other electronic payments.
- Administer the processing of all wage attachments concerning City employees.
- Administer the City's Fire Escrow program.
- Issue City business licenses, handgun permits and various other permits.
- Maintain all appropriate accounts and records as necessary.
- Prepare and distribute appropriate financial reports and statements.
- Manage all City banking relationships.
- Provide customer service related to all divisional functions.
- Initiates legislation providing authorization to perform assessed services and levying those assessments to the taxpayer.
- Perform necessary calculations to determine annual assessments.
- Compilation and review of annual projects including surface treatment, street lighting, sidewalk reconstruction and other assessed services.
- Annual review of County's records of parcel land changes.
- Maintain and review citywide revenue budgets.