Division of Taxation and Treasury
Commissioner of Taxation: John Zawisza
Commissioner of Treasury: Bryan Benner
One Government Center, Suite 2070
Toledo, Ohio 43604
Taxation Phone: 419.245.1662
Taxation Email: email@example.com
Taxation Fax: 419.936.2320
Treasury Phone: 419.245.1636 (For Treasury Business Only. Please use the Taxation Phone number listed above for all your tax needs.)
Treasury Fax: 419-936-2318
Taxation Office Hours: Monday thru Friday 7:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. (Payments can be made in Treasury from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
Postcards were recently mailed to active account holders. Our email address on the postcard is incorrect. The correct email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Authority TaxConnect (Electronic Payments)
(Make sure you are using the most current version of your browser.)
- Individuals who wish to pay by Debit/Credit card or by using their Checking/Savings account can now make these payments through Authority TaxConnect. Authority TaxConnect is now available to individual taxpayers and will allow them to create a secure login, review their tax balances for each year and make payments. If you use your Debit/Credit card to make a payment, you will be directed to the “Official Payments” landing page and will be charged a 2.5% fee.
- You may also make a payment using your Checking/Savings account through TaxConnect. There is no charge for this service.
- Payroll services and employers should use the Ohio Business Gateway or ACH Addenda to pay withholding taxes. Please do not use Authority TaxConnect for these types of payments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF TAXATION
- Prepare all necessary documents for tax processing including imaging.
- Maintain all income tax records.
- Analyze, reconcile and review all income tax related documents.
- Review, audit, process and post City tax returns and other documents.
- Prepare necessary tax documents for legal action.
- Receive, safeguard and utilize IRS taxpayer information.
- Assist taxpayers in completing City tax returns.
- Investigate and enforce compliance with City tax regulations through appropriate collection activities, including legal action.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF TREASURY
- Receive, process, validate, remit and deposit incoming payments for income taxes and other city revenue.
- Receive and account for electronic remittances of income taxes and other City revenue.
- Manage, invest and safeguard all financial assets of the City.
- Disburse City funds for payroll, accounts payable and tax refunds through the issuance of checks, wire transfers and other electronic payments.
- Administer the processing of all wage attachments concerning City employees.
- Administer the City's Fire Escrow program.
- Issue City business licenses and various other permits.
- Maintain all appropriate accounts and records as necessary.
- Prepare and distribute appropriate financial reports and statements.
- Manage all City banking relationships.
- Provide customer service related to all divisional functions.
- Initiates legislation providing authorization to perform assessed services and levying those assessments to the taxpayer.
- Perform necessary calculations to determine annual assessments.
- Compilation and review of annual projects including surface treatment, street lighting, sidewalk reconstruction and other assessed services.
- Annual review of County's records of parcel land changes.
- Maintain and review citywide revenue budgets.