Division of Solid Waste
Ryan Murphy, Manager
3962 Hoffman Road
Toledo, Ohio 43611
FOR QUESTIONS AND INQUIRIES ABOUT YOUR SERVICE, PLEASE CONTACT ENGAGE TOLEDO AT 419.936.2020.
We appreciated your understanding during the few months of limited public access to the Hoffman Road Landfill. The landfill reopened to the public on Saturday, May 30, 2020 which was also our first free disposal day for City of Toledo residents. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FREE DISPOSAL DAY SCHEDULED FOR JULY 11, 2020 AT THE LANDFILL IS CANCELLED. THE LANDFILL WILL NOT BE OPEN THAT DAY. Current landfill hours are from 8:00 a.m, to 3:00 p.m. , Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. The remaining free disposal days are expected to continue as scheduled on September 12 and November 28.
The wellbeing of both our staff and customers is a top priority. When coming to the landfill, please follow the recommended safety precautions:
- If you are feeling sick, have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 within the last 14 days, or are awaiting the result of your own COVID-19 test, please stay home.
- A face covering is strongly suggested.
- When disposing of your trash in the bins, remain 6 feet away from others.
Our staff are temperature screened daily, and follow all recommended safety precautions.
Please click here for Republic Service's 2020 Refuse and Recycling Calendar.
The Division of Solid Waste is dedicated to the operation and maintenance of the City of Toledo’s Hoffman Road landfill to support the Lucas County refuse collection operations. The Division ensures a safe and reliable location for the disposal and management of solid waste at the Hoffman Road Landfill.
DIVISIONAL GOALS, OBJECTIVES & INITIATIVES
- To continue support of Lucas County’s Republic Services’ contract for collection of Lucas County’s residential refuse.
- To effectively and efficiently manage the landfill as a city asset, employing technology and innovative practices to achieve an overall, annual in place density of at least 1600 pounds per cubic yard.
- To secure permit modifications and/or alterations that will extend the life of the Landfill
- Continue to develop an engaged, well-trained and effective workforce.
- Provides access to the Hoffman Road Landfill for Lucas County refuse collection operations, Lucas County residents, and other customers approved by City Council for solid waste disposal.
- Works closely with the Lucas County Health Department and Ohio EPA to ensure landfill operations are in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal regulations
KEY MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE FOR THE DIVISION
- Operating the Landfill in accordance with established industry guidelines as well as State and Federal regulations. Measured by monthly Ohio EPA inspections, with no violations noted.
- Continue to generate revenue by selectively considering new customers
- Increasing number of years of life of Landfill – measured by success of alterations of the Landfill design, permit modifications and waste compaction efforts.