Division of Solid Waste
Ryan Murphy, Manager
3962 Hoffman Road
Toledo, Ohio 43611
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR THE 2019 REFUSE & RECYCLING CALENDAR FROM REPUBLIC SERVICES. Please note that Thanksgiving is Thursday, November 28, 2019.
The City is pleased to announce four (4) Free Disposal Days for City of Toledo residents again in 2019 on June 1, July 6, September 7 and November 30. Bulky waste loads and household garbage are accepted between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. on these days. Just bring a photo ID and a utility bill to show the gate attendant. FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CLICK HERE to see the Free Disposal Day flyer.
The Division of Solid Waste is dedicated to the operation and maintenance of the City of Toledo’s Hoffman Road landfill to support the Lucas County refuse collection operations. The Division ensures a safe and reliable location for the disposal and management of solid waste at the Hoffman Road Landfill.
DIVISIONAL GOALS, OBJECTIVES & INITIATIVES
- To continue support of Lucas County’s Republic Services’ contract for collection of Lucas County’s residential refuse.
- To effectively and efficiently manage the landfill as a city asset, employing technology and innovative practices to achieve an overall, annual in place density of at least 1600 pounds per cubic yard.
- To secure permit modifications and/or alterations that will extend the life of the Landfill
- Continue to develop an engaged, well-trained and effective workforce.
- Provides access to the Hoffman Road Landfill for Lucas County refuse collection operations, Lucas County residents, and other customers approved by City Council for solid waste disposal.
- Works closely with the Lucas County Health Department and Ohio EPA to ensure landfill operations are in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal regulations
KEY MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE FOR THE DIVISION
- Operating the Landfill in accordance with established industry guidelines as well as State and Federal regulations. Measured by monthly Ohio EPA inspections, with no violations noted.
- Continue to generate revenue by selectively considering new customers
- Increasing number of years of life of Landfill – measured by success of alterations of the Landfill design, permit modifications and waste compaction efforts.
USING THE LANDFILL
Residents must enter the landfill via Manhattan Blvd. No entry will be permitted from Matzinger/Schwartz Road(s). Solid Waste employees are on site to verify both residency and load contents. The fee for disposal is currently $16 per cubic yard. THE HOURS FOR RESIDENTIAL DROP OFF ARE 8:00 A.M. TO 3:00 P.M., MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY. THE LANDFILL IS CLOSED ON MAJOR HOLIDAYS.
You are responsible to unload your own vehicle. No manpower or equipment will be available for assistance.
Small contractors may bring their commercial waste/scrap debris to the landfill for a fee. Contact the landfill at 419.936.3077 for information regarding commercial waste.
A valid photo ID and current utility bill are required to verify proof of residency.
We reserve the right to refuse any loads which we deem to be unfit.
Some items are not accepted at the landfill. Please call 419.936.3077 for more details.