The Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) will assist eligible households with up to 15 months of assistance, including current and future rent, past due rent, late fees, new renter fees, security deposits, utility deposits, and utility payments. Grants are awarded based on priorities established U.S. Department of Treasury.
Those who have not received previous funding through this program can submit an application using the online portal.
Those who have received previous funding must contact their caseworker for additional funds. If approved, the applicant will receive an email invitation to apply.
Please note: If you have met the program limits of 15 months, you will not be eligible for additional assistance.
Only one application per unit is eligible. Applicants must be the named landlord or tenant on the lease. Multifamily units, duplexes, and single-family residential units rented, owned and operated by an individual or corporate landlord are eligible.
- Rents an eligible residential unit in the City of Toledo tax district.
- The resident must have a valid and current lease signed by both landlord and tenant or other documentation supporting the existence of a rental relationship.
- Landlord must complete a seperate application for tenant t be approved.
- Experienced a direct or indirect financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic in the last six months.
- Demonstrates a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability.
- Fall below the maximum household income requirement.
Eligible Household Maximum Income
Income maximums are set at 80% of HUD area median income. These income limits were updated on June 1, 2022.
|Household Size||Max Annual Income||Max Monthly Income|
An applicant's landlord also must complete certain requirements in order to be eligible:
- Submission of a valid W-9 for TLCERAP rental assistance payment to property owner
- Rent roll or confirmation of rental arrears
- Confirmation that property is located in the City of Toledo tax district
- Agreement not to evict tenant for the period of ERAP assistance.
- Reading, execution and submittal of full ERAP Terms and Conditions.
Applicants will be considered ineligible for TLCERAP program if the applicant:
- is above the income maximum.
- lives outside the City of Toledo tax district.
- Has not experienced a direct or indirect hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic in the last six months.
Keeping residents in their homes
Keiondra Young Shares her Story
Hear from Toledo resident Keiondra Young as she shares her experience applying for the Rental Assistance Program.
704 Second St.
Toledo, Ohio 43605
Lutheran Social Services
2149 Collingwood Blvd.
Toledo, Ohio 43620
505 Hamilton St.
Toledo Ohio 43604