Second Pass of Leaf Pickup for Entire City Announced
The City of Toledo will provide a second pass of leaf pickup for the entire city, Mayor Kapszukiewicz announced today.
Historically, second pass zones were limited to the areas of the city which have the most leaves on the ground. Due to a delay in cold weather and subsequent late leaf drop this year, city crews completed the first pass ahead of schedule allowing time for a complete second pass to collect all remaining leaves.
City crews continue to work flexibly to accommodate the weather and ensure a high level of service delivery to all residents. As always, snow and ice events may cause delays to the schedule as it is currently posted.
|Area||First Pass||Second Pass|
|1A||Completed||Week of 11/29|
|1B||Completed||Week of 11/29|
|1C||Completed||Week of 11/29|
|1D||Completed||Week of 11/29|
|1E||Completed||Week of 11/29|
|1F||Completed||Week of 11/29|
|1G||Completed||Week of 11/29|
|1H||Completed||Week of 11/29|
|1I||Completed||Week of 11/29|
|1J||Completed||Week of 11/29|
|1K||Completed||Week of 11/29|
|1L||Completed||Week of 11/29|
|4A||Completed||Week of 12/6|
|4B||Completed||Week of 12/6|
|4C||Completed||Week of 12/13|
|4D||Week of 11/15||Week of 12/13|
|4E||Week of 11/15||Week of 12/13|
|4F||Completed||Week of 12/6|
|4G||Completed||Week of 12/6|
|4H||Completed||Week of 12/6|
|4I||Completed||Week of 12/6|
|4J||Completed||Week of 12/6|
|4K||Completed||Week of 12/6|
|4L||Completed||Week of 12/6|
|4M||Completed||Week of 12/6|
|4N||Completed||Week of 12/6|
|4O||Completed||Week of 12/6|
|3A||Week of 11/22||Week of 12/13|
|3B||Week of 11/22||Week of 12/13|
|3C||Week of 11/22||Week of 12/13|
|3D||Week of 11/22||Week of 12/13|
|3E||Week of 11/22||Week of 12/13|
|3F||Week of 11/22||Week of 12/13|
|3G||Completed||Week of 12/13|
|3H||Completed||Week of 12/13|
|3I||Completed||Week of 12/13|
|2A||Week of 11/22||Week of 12/13|
|2B||Week of 11/22||Week of 12/13|
|2C||Week of 11/22||Week of 12/13|
|2D||Week of 11/22||Week of 12/13|
|2E||Week of 11/22||Week of 12/13|
|2F||Week of 11/22||Week of 12/13|
|2G||Week of 11/22||Week of 12/13|
|2H||Week of 11/22||Week of 12/13|
|2I||Week of 11/22||Week of 12/13|
|2J||Week of 11/22||Week of 12/13|
There are several ways to determine when crews will be on your street:
- Sign up for Toledo Text Alerts to be alerted when leaf collection crews will be in your neighborhood, and of any change in plans.
Toledo Texts Alerts will notify residents two weeks prior, again one week prior to pick-up, and again when the collection is complete. The link to sign up is: toledo.oh.gov/alerts
- Residents can refer to the map on the city website for information on their specific addresses. The map will be posted at this link: .
- Call Engage Toledo at 419-936-2020.
- Check the city Facebook and Twitter accounts on Fridays.
- Watch for signs to be posted on your street.
City crews will not be able to return to an area once we have completed the second pass collection. If you miss collection, do not place leaves in the street. At that point, the options for residents are to:
- Compost the leaves.
- Dispose of leaves in your gray trash container.
- Take the leaves to one of four transfer locations that will be available for free disposal. They are at Bowman Park, Detwiler Park, Ravine Park, and the former ODOT facility at Detroit and Glendale avenues. The sites will be open 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Saturday, beginning Nov. 8.