How It Works
Pre-Applications for entry into the lottery will be accepted from October 11 to November 11. Only one lottery entry per household will be accepted.
Applicants will be entered into a lottery for an opportunity to complete a full application to determine eligibility for a Rooftops grant. The lottery will be drawn November 18.
Selected households will be notified via email and postcard to access the portal to complete the full application. Applications will evaluated on a first come first serve basis. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. A complete application will include:
- Rooftops application
- A valid ID with same name and address of the current owner and the property to be assisted.
- Proof of income (at least 2 months) and current assets or self-certification of zero income.
- If source documentation of income is not available, a Self-Attestation of Income is permissible.
Eligible Program Participants
- Own a 1-4 unit residential property in the City of Toledo
- Property must be located in a Qualified Census Tract (QCT) as required by the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA)
- Owner must occupy at least one unit as primary residence
- Owner must have owned the property for at least one (1) year.
- Property must not be listed for sale.
- Meet participating lender (s) debt and credit standards (Options 2 & 3).
- Demonstrate need for roof replacement or repair evidenced by:
- Water marks on ceiling
- Outside is visible from the inside through the roof
- Roof is covered with tarp to protect from the elements
- Receipt of citation from City of Toledo Code Compliance regarding the roof of the property.
Must have a maximum household income at or below 50% of the area median income (“AMI”) at the time of application. The 2022 HOME Income Limits and Rent Limits are listed below.
|Household Size||Max Annual Income||Max Monthly Income|
- Income exceeds 50% AMI
- Not the legal owner of record
- Roof does not require replacement
- Property outside the City of Toledo (Provide clarity on WLS, etc.)
- Failure to submit a complete application
- Duplication of benefits (i.e. owner has received roof replacement funded by City of Toledo entitlements or other Federal programs within the last 5 years).
Goals of the Rooftops Repair Program
Through this program, we are working with financial partners to help maximize access to financial assistance for a variety of households to receive repairs and replacements.Start Pre-application